My Food Journal

To read my daily food journal, click here.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Day 1.

OK, so after some thought, I've decided there's no point in repeating my entire food log here and at Fit Day. (I love Fit Day, by the way, because they make it so easy to enter your foods and they provide the nutritional info for you.) So, the link to my food log is above. There's also some journaling there. So there's a possibility that I'll just use that and abandon this blog all together. Or, I might use the food journal there and use this blog for the mental stuff. We'll see.

I'm in a lot of pain today. I woke up (after another bout with insomnia- didn't fall asleep until nearly 3am) feeling stiff, sore, and incredibly dizzy. I'm not sure where the dizziness came from- that hasn't happened since I was pregnant, over two years ago. The stiff and sore parts weren't surprising, though- that's happening a lot lately. I am a actually afraid that I have rheumatoid arthritis, which is probably a giant leap and not logical, but the daily pain and stiffness in my hands, hips, and legs is enough to scare me.

And no, I haven't seen a doctor yet. I want to see if losing some weight helps first. I know that's not smart, but that's where I am. And the whole point of starting this blog under my alter-ego's name is that I can be honest... so there you go.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Violet! I followed you here from the post you left on my blog.

First of all, I'm going to wag my finger and suggest you see a doctor. Have you had your BP taken in awhile? Diziness can be a lot of not very serious things, but it can be serious too and you've got your little darlin's to think about!

Second of all, WAY TO GO on day one! You know what they say...a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, or in your case a single day. Every success story had a day one, and I think you're a success already. You just have to keep having success day after day after day and you'll reach your goal.

You want to be excited about exercise in a year? I'd encourage you to just plain get over the top excited about EVERY SINGLE positive step you take right now. If you pick broccoli over brownies, give yourself a HUGE mental high five and brag about it on your blog. If you go out and walk down the block, wear that accomplishment with pride. There is so much benefit to positive feedback, and since you are with YOU all the time, giving yourself positive feedback can be extremely powerful!

My day one, or single step, was February 2, 2002 and since that day I've lost over 100 pounds and kept it off. I went from couch potato to...well, you read my blog. I'm a fitness NUT now, but not a "exercise class" nut (not that there's anything wrong with that...I enjoy a good exercise class), but a "Get out and play in the sun or rain or snow or WHATEVER, just get out and play" kind of fitness nut.

Keep in touch via blog or whatever! My personal site has a lot of information on at www.msteechur.com. Not selling anything (LOL), just that when I first started my "single step" I read every "success" page from normal people I could because I needed to believe I could do it.